The data and information provided by the Retail Analyst will support decision making and planning for Doha Festival City (with regional alignment with the Dubai Head Office) and bring experience from the mall owner and retailer industry to assist management with both budgeting, and performance analysis, including the evolution of the sector as the above factors begin to effect management practice: tenant mix, footfall drivers, occupancy of GLA, entertainment options, management of retailer group relationship, OCR calculation and forecasting.
Possessing the ability to manage detailed reporting and liaise effectively between the leasing, operations, finance department as well as the head office to provide advice to management team on trends and budget impact is crucial.
1) Management Information System
• Responsible for preparing reports (manually and via Yardi) for all assets (sales, performance, management meeting pack, BCP etc.) and submitting to management for review & action
• Submission of Monthly Business Packs and KPI reports.
• Ad hoc reports for proactive analysis to ensure all assets performances are monitored and prompt/informed action can be taken as and when required
• Support the management team to establish and define new/ongoing KPI’s to support business understanding
• Conduit between Leasing and Finance/Operations teams to align and understand data in a ‘common language’ format
• Preparation of day to day mall analysis reports to support business review packs including internal and external benchmarks
• Collate and Analyse business review packs for the assets, identifying risks, improvements, giving fully analysis and supporting information on the significance of numbers for the management
• Ensure consistency in reporting, trend analysis and full supporting commentary on the numbers
2) Systems Integrity
• Proactive Yardi (or other implemented system) user, understanding the most efficient ways to extract the required data
• Check the integrity of data in Yardi system to ensure that the reports generated are accurate.
• Ownership in checking the systems integrity on new software roll out to existing and new stores.
• Proactively suggest improvements to ensure that appropriate warning systems are in place.
3) Audits & SOP
• Ensure with all stakeholders the SOP’s are maintained and amended, coordinating with Retail division based on commercial requirements.
• Hosts and actively participates in workshops to challenge, develop and implement procedural improvements with clear prior year audit findings
• Support the Leasing department’s strategy and action plan
4) Budgeting & Forecasting
• Represent Leasing and be the ambassador between Finance and Operations to ensure budgets and KPI’s are agreed and accurately documented
• Support the Leasing team by providing budget and analysis related information when required to prepare leasing deals
5) Feasibility Studies
• Enquire about new markets/expansion of existing businesses into new geographies
• Provide managers who have budget responsibilities with regular financial and KPI reports so they can keep abreast of performance and take proactive actions to ensure targets are achieved.
• Highlight deviations from budget/plan to deal owners and GM’s in a proactive manner
• Understand the JV and full ownership models in order to prepare reports accordingly
6) Measuring Mall/Tenant Performance
• Prepare Occupancy Cost Analysis and calculate Occupancy Cost Ratios as required (per store/per brand/per group/per mall)
• Have clear understanding of the metrics, concepts and best practices used in the malls industry to measure mall performance, tenant performance and other key KPI’s such as OCR caps, Rent to Sales ratio, Service Charge Caps, Turnover Rent, Rent Cap etc
• Support with the Regional Expansion Plans whenever necessary including pre-leasing feasibility studies, operational assets and opening of upcoming phases.
• Be the ambassador for continual improvement to current ways of working and business practices.
• Provide adhoc reports as requested by Leasing, Lease Admin and internal AFGRE teams
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
• Experience in a senior retail analyst role in a super/ regional mall
• Knowledge of MS Excel, MS programs, SAP and Yardi
• Detailed knowledge of the shopping centre sector, in particular leasing concepts, analytics & KPI’s
• Planning & organizing, responsible, analytical mind, lateral thinking & good management skills - must have a "feel" for figures in business/retail environment
• A degree holder with 3 – 5 years’ experience in a Retail analyst role in a super-regional mall
• Knowledge of retail budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis in the retail/shopping centre sector in the Middle East is mandatory
• Strong computer skills - including ERP knowledge (preferably SAP, Yardi etc) and advanced MS-Excel knowledge
• Ability to coordinate between teams and management to lead retrieval and processing of required data to fulfil tasks in a timely manner
• Good analytical, presentation & reporting skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Apply now »