No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
Position: Marine Service Supervisor
Purpose: This position will manage and lead a team of marine technicians in allocating workload and managing the day to day operations in the workshop. It requires the job holder to ensure work is delivered on time and to a quality standard.
Job criteria: Minimum 5 years of experience as service supervisor in marine company. Good communication skills in Arabic and English are a must.
• Responsible for the day to day operations of the marine workshop and field service units.
• Planning, organizing, and supervising the day-to-day activities of the workshop including staff management.
• Determine schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, parts availability and technicians’ skills.
• Answer incoming calls in a professional manner, returning all customer calls prior to close of business each day.
• Greet customers and determine needs, providing clear and precise instructions on the job cards for the marine technicians.
• Receive and review feedback from customers and follow up to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Identify client’s needs and explain/demonstrate DOMASCO marine services to them, which may
involve technical descriptions of Honda outboard engines and Yanmar marine diesel engines and
the way they may be used.
• Maintain and establish good relationship with customers.
• Regular contact with the customer, inquiring about the level of satisfaction.
• Develop and implement systems to record, file and store information pertaining to client
• Ensure that the complaint, cause, and correction of each problem are noted in the Repair order.
• Obtain customer signature on every work order and collect payment for work prior to releasing
customer boat/ marine engine. In the event the repair cost is unknown initially, obtain customer
approval on job card to diagnose issues, and then contact customer with estimate for repairs as
soon as determined, and obtain approval.
• Use Honda marine/Yanmar flat rate guides and Standard Service Operations to determine the
time allotted for the work and follow up on timely completion.
• Prepare proforma invoices for each job card.
• Release repair orders, identify the required parts to perform the maintenance job.
• Set priorities for the created repair orders.
• Ensure that technicians are using the appropriate tools, manuals, checklists, etc.
• Ensure that the maintenance jobs are done as the standards of Honda marine and Yanmar
• Inspect quality of work performed as required, prior to delivery to the customer.
• Invoice, collect payment, and finalize repair orders.
• Liaise with parts department to ensure the availability of the fast-moving parts and rigging
• Ensure the required parts are ordered for each maintenance job and follow up.
• Regularly report progress on each job (preventive maintenance, repair, installation) and quickly
communicate delays or concerns with the line manager.
• Report on manpower overruns or shortfalls.
• Work with the line manager to investigate customer complaints and concerns arising from
products or services and suggest appropriate solutions.
• Work with the line manager to respond to client’s requests for updates on the status of their
jobs and keep the communication channels open to ensure information is accurate.
• Provide feedback to staff that are not performing to the expected level and ensure the line
manager is informed.
• Ensuring that health and safety regulations are met.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Apply now »