No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
The Interior Designer works with the visual presentation of the IKEA product range in the Furniture Showroom. All designing, presentations and communications should be as per IKEA standards.
• Assist in planning in-house projects and in preparing drawings and perspectives accordingly to IKEA Concept.
• Implement and maintain all interiors and displays in the showroom.
• Conduct daily inspection of the showroom and ensure that damages are corrected immediately.
• Support the planning and implementation of the store commercial calendar.
• Maintain all areas in the store in accordance to IKEA standards.
• Follow IKEA manuals to produce functional home furnishing solutions within the store.
• Get involved in other projects relating to activities that are carried out in the store from time to time. This may include rebuilding business area, based on feedback from range relating to changed priorities, or poor performance of the area.
• Assist Visual Merchandisers as and when required, in projects or activities that are planned for the store.
• Show customers the extension of the range coordination, and various ideas and proposals for different rooms in the house, living and realistic, complete with accessories.
• Plan and decorate the room sets to be inspirational for the customers and offer home furnishing solutions
• Assist the customer with solutions for their homes
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
• Degree / Diploma in Interior Designing or Architecture
• Excellent written and verbal English
• Excellent Design & Creative skills
• Good knowledge in home furnishing, market, social trends, fashion
• Good knowledge of AutoCAD
• Strong drafting, space planning, interior and architectural design skills
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.