· Responsible for the Good Hygiene practices, food safety and hygiene standards throughout Fresh Department and makes recommendations to the management on all matters relating to day to day and long term hygiene issues.
· Propose and maintain minimum standards in all work areas, stores, receiving and disposal areas to adhere at all times to required hygiene standards.
· Responsible for monitoring the section area being clean and orderly with an organized and efficient workflow.
· To provide suitable and current information and supervision concerning health and safety policies and practices and implement HSE training at each section and conduct health and safety audit at each operation.
· To implement HACCP and HSE standards in the kitchen and surrounding areas and conduct health and safety audit at Food Service Operations.
· Maintain close contact with the related government authorities.
· Responsible for promoting effective dissemination coordination with the rest of the staff in the store.
· Conducts daily kitchen inspections on the personnel, environmental and food hygiene conditions and provides a corrective action plan and keeps records on the findings.
· To ensure that proper and timely assessment of risks to health and safety in completed and preventive measures and arrangements are implemented as necessary.
· Advises and supervises food handlers on the proper food handling practices and ensures their observance.
· Identifies key areas of risk in various food operations for early remedial actions
· Conducts proper assessment on employee need in terms of hygiene training and development and make possible recommendations
· Addressing issues of safety and hygiene amp; Interfacing with Ministry/ Baladiya as required.