- The role is to coordinate and supervise all import activities in safe, smooth and efficient procedures. Goods traded across international lines are subject to multiple regulations due to so many origins of imported items. Responsible to manage all paperwork that is required to ensure that the shipment of purchased or traded goods occurs efficiently and, most importantly, legally. He arranges communications between sales groups and freight suppliers. Responsible for arranging shipments, preparing and confirming order approval, handling pricing information, and releasing PO’s.
- Has permanent contact with the suppliers to resolve any issue regarding shipments.
- Arranging full documentation for import release and being contact with Custom Clearance, Import Supplier, Customs, Supreme Council of Health and Baladia.
- Resolving problems with Baladia and Supreme Council of Health in terms of expiration items, labeling with high mastery of products.
- Controlling Arabic, French, English ingredients for import items due to origin of country.
- Update with import suppliers schedule of import deliveries.
- Following penalty, damage, rejected items with forwarder, suppliers, customs and health departments
- Analyze demurrage cost.
- Maintain and update knowledge on all customs clearance process and evaluate, self-study course and present same to the management
- Execute required transportation strategies
- Collaborate with Store Team and Freight Forwarders and administer appropriate movement of all goods and supervise all freight flow and ensure clearance and delivery of all import goods.
Prepare and processes all import documents and broker invoices and manages all contain shipments in coordination with freight carrier and Monoprix Team.
- Graduate bachelor's degree
- With 3-4 years’ experience in the same capacity in GCC region
- Technically Competent and proficient with MS Office and emails to perform job function.
- Have a strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to efficiently network and coordinate processes with suppliers.
- Language Speaking: English and Arabic required; French is an ADVANTAGE.
- Knowledge in filing and documentation
- Knowledge of documentation and procedures concerning imports, Shelf life of Process (GSO).
Good knowledge of supreme council of health amp; municipality rules and regulations.