This Merchandise Planning Manager (MPM) role will be responsible for managing a team of merchandise planners and their assistants in the execution of the product assortment plan. This plan is to include the management of (Sales, Markdowns, and Stock amp; Margin budgets) for the Galeries Lafayette store Doha. They will also be instrumental in creating the assortment plan for the future store developments in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. As an additional responsibility the Merchandise Planning Manager will supporting the GM in analyzing brand performance for both Concession and Wholesale brands and so aiding the strategic decision making process.
- University graduate preferably in a Business related discipline.
- Minimum 3 years in senior Merchandise Planning role experience position; 8+ years in total within Buying and Merchandising.
- Experience in Premium/Luxury Fashion.
- Experience of Department stores a distinct advantage albeit not essential.
- Computer applications Expert using Office package, i.e. Excel, Access, Word, Power-point.
- Highly motivated and self-starter.
- Excellent knowledge on Arabic culture, market and local fashion trends would be useful.
- Demonstrable customer relations management skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills, preferably with French speaking background.
- Organized with high attention to detail.
- A high degree of gravitas and personality.