The Patient Service Representative (PSR) serves as the initial and primary point of contact between patients and the Clinic. The conduct with patients conveys an impression of the entire Clinic, therefore, the onus is on the PSR is to be courteous, prompt and professional to attend/greet patients.
Including but not limited to: register patients, obtain patient demographics, insurance information, verify eligibility, answer queries, maintain patients check in amp; out records, collects and deposits daily payments at the time of service
Maintaining high level confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed.
- Greets patients and visitors, determines nature/ purpose of visit and directs them accordingly and answers queries on telephone.
- Provides information about Clinic, such as location of departments/offices, employees within the organization or services provided.
- Completes patients’ registration, including demographic and insurance information and verifies eligibility prior to services being rendered. Following established policies, procedures and workflows related to cash and insurance patients.
- Coordination with various departments within the facility to ensure patient care at its best.
- Complete knowledge and ability to make necessary appointments and return appointments as required
- Serves as back-up to Scheduler as business needs demand.
- Discusses with patients all required department Forms, ascertains signatures, scan and enter Forms in the system.
- Validates referrals and/or pre-authorizations for services are obtained and approved prior to services. Prepares all necessary forms amp; reports required.
- Requests and collects payments for services. Enters payments into system, provides receipts/invoices, opens/closes daily cash drawer. Reconciles daily collections and prepares deposit following all Clinic procedures.
- Attends to all incoming department mail. Scans and distributes in required time frames as defined procedures and workflows.
- Participates in departmental meetings, training courses and related in-service educational programs as assigned.
- Performs other duties as and when assigned.
- Adheres to established departmental policies amp; procedures, workflows and initiates action, to attend patients, as per established procedures.
- Proven work experience as a Patient Service Representative or similar role(2+ years in healthcare setup)
- Knowledge of medical terms and practices( medical Coding .Insurance)
- Professional manner and appearance
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Available in Qatar
5k -9k ( According to Experience)